Embed Your Broadcasts on Facebook Pages with the Livestream App for Facebook
Using Livestream, you can launch your own internet TV channel in minutes and go live instantly from any video camera, including a webcam or smartphone. Not only will you be able to stream to thousands with ease, it's said to look as professional as any multi-million dollar network broadcast.
Livestream offers free channels that come with standard quality video streaming and standard features. If you'd like to upgade to a Premium channel (starting at $350.00) your video will broadcast in widescreen HD quality without Livestream ads. Additional premium features include analytics, privacy and support.
Step 1: Launch a Livestream Channel
The first step to streaming live video on your Facebook page is to Launch a Channel by signing up for a Livestream account.
Step 2: Select How You Want to Broadcast LIVE
Even with a free channel, you have three options to broadcast from a DV cam, webcam, or both. Each of these options integrates with your Livestream channel and includes:
Livestream Webcaster - Instant, Simple Live Broadcasts
- Good quality streams
- No downloads (browser based)
- Single-camera only (no game or screencasting)
Livestream Procaster - One-Click, High Quality Streaming
- Optimized HD quality
- Broadcast anything (camera, games, desktop, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Requires download (Windows download)
Livestream Studio - Advanced Control Center
- Multi-camera live broadcasts with real-time camera switching
- Production tools (overlays, tickers, over-the-shoulder and more)
- Manage linear (24/7) and VOD programming
Step 3: Installing Livestream App for Facebook
It's important to note, embedding your broadcasts on Facebook Pages is only available on Premium or Enterprise Accounts. To do this, go to your event page on Livestream follow these steps:
- Click the embed button
- Click "Facebook"
- Click "Connect to Continue"
- Allow Livestream Facebook app to access your profile, friends list and manage pages
- Click "Install" next to the page you want to embed your Livestream
- Publish the page for your event to be viewed by your Facebook followers
Once installed, your Livestream App will appear as a tab on your Facebook page. This only works on Facebook Pages and not individual profiles. You can also only embed one event per Facebook page.
Now you can engage viewers with on-demand content from the same player around the clock.
Have you tried Livestream for Facebook? Please let us know how it's going and share your favorite tips by commenting below.